Jamaicans observe 10 (ten) public holidays annually. These holidays are:
- New Year’s Day –January 1st and 2nd
- Ash Wednesday – in February
- Good Friday – in April
- Easter Monday – in April
- Labour Day – May 23
- Emancipation Day – August 1
- Independence Day - August 6
- National Heroes’ Day – October 15
- Christmas Day – December 25
- Boxing Day – December 26
In 2012. Jamaica celebrated 50 years as an independent nation.Celebrations to mark this milestone took place right across the globe wherever Jamaicans live.
There are many other celebrations (not public holidays) which take place in Jamaica.